Portfolios >>
Men Women
Film

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Location test shooting.

I prefer to see new locations in advance of working them.

The camera settings I use are a default, they give me an idea of shadows, how they fall, strength of natural light, at a given time in the day. 

I generally prefer to shoot higher shutter speeds rather than slow ones. The camera mode I use is AV.

Testing helps rule in or out what your going to be doing in your shooting schedule.

Clients often like to see these test shots to give them an idea of where your going creatively with their project/event.

planning

Finding suitable locations can take a while, the test shots also confirm to me the type of equipment that will be needed on the day.

How long does it take to test shoot, minutes, your experience will tell you what's workable and importantly what's not.


No comments:

Post a Comment